Friday evening, when I got home from work, I noticed that my internet connection was down. A quick check showed that my cable was also out. I called Comcast and they had my do the usual things. You know, check that the connections were tight... check other channels. Because when both cable receivers and the modem are down, it's likely a connection on one of those units... right? Anyway, after it was determined that it wasn't something they could fix over the phone, the CSR scheduled an appointment for a technician to come out on "Monday between 4 and 6" and gave me a confirmation number.
Monday, having skipped a chance to work a side job, and missing one of the Mustaches for Kids events, I waited at home for the technician to arrive. When 6:00 rolled around, and no technician had arrived I called and was told that my account didn't show that a service call had been scheduled. Needless to say, I was a bit annoyed. Apparently, when they scheduled the appointment, they set it up in the wrong account, one not even in the Chicago region. Although they did apologize for the "inconvenience" I had to specifically request that they credit me with something more than simply the time the service was out.
Considering that I have to confirm my account information twice before I even start discussing the issue with my service, I cannot fathom how they could enter the information into the wrong account. And now I'm without cable, phone, or internet at home until at least Friday.